Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Recent Personal Experience


As I mentioned in an earlier post, my family and I recently returned home from a vacation in Michigan. This story happened during a stay in Mackinac City. We stayed in a very nice place called the Anchor Inn where we rented a two bedroom family suite (room 208). My husband and I occupied the outside room, which the entry door opens into and our two daughters occupied the second bedroom which can only be accessed through our room. Our room had no window. Our daughters room did.
So, the first night of our stay we went to bed at approximately 11:00pm after a very busy day of sight seeing and shopping. Like most men, my husband sleeps so soundly and snores so loudly, you couldn't wake him up with a jackhammer right next to his bed. Anyway, around 3:00am, I heard a very deep voice in my right ear, speaking in a very slow and clear manner saying "I'm cold" and then I felt the covers being pulled up over me up to about my waist. The voice was very unfamiliar. My husband was sound asleep and the door to my daughters room was still closed and no sound was coming from their room.
Needless to say, that was rather startling and I did not fall right back to sleep, but I was quite tired and did lightly dose on and off. About and hour or so later, I saw a black form walk by my husband's side of the bed, pass the foot of the bed and then leave my vision line. I thought it was my husband getting out of bed to go to the bathroom because I actually FELT the bed move and it felt just like someone getting out of bed. Some time went by, more than 30 minutes (I could tell because the digital clock was on the bedside table by my side of the bed)and I started to worry maybe my husband was ill or something. Mind you now, I was awake this entire time because I felt those bed covers move and something moving out of the bed.
I decided to check my husbands side of the bed to move his CPAP mask and tubing out of the way so it didn't wet his sheets and thinking he wasn't there, slapped my hand down fairly hard on the bed.....and it landed right on his chest! He was there, sound asleep with his CPAP machine in place! He had never gotten out of bed, never had woken up and had been sleeping in the same position that he was when he first went to bed.
I had quite a shiver and goosebumps covered my arms. Some presence with the power to move blankets, speak in my ear and appear in shadow form was in that room #208. Later, I heard the faint sound of old time Gospel music playing, very softly. There was no one in the room under us or next to us so it was not coming from there and by this time it was about 4:00am.
Although I told my husband about these occurrences, We decided not to tell the girls because we didn't want anything to ruin their vacation. After this next day of sightseeing I happened to mention that I hoped I would sleep well that night and wouldn't be awaken by gospel music. At that point, my 15 year old daughter piped up and said "You heard that too? I heard that music playing right in my ear." At that point, the curiosity in me took over and since we do investigations and the whole family helps me with my research, I decided to question my daughter more. I asked Erika if she noticed anything else out of the ordinary, and she replied she was sleepy, but she thought she heard a voice talking in right in her ear, but she couldn't make out what it was saying.
Verification. Another witness. My husband then questioned the owners to see if anyone else ever complained about odd occurrences in room #208. They denied it and actually looked frightened when he explained what we had encountered. We stayed in that room for 2 more nights and nothing else happened, so I have nothing else to report and no explanation yet for what took place, but we are still looking in to that.

0 comments:

Your Ad Here